Services – Conventions
SHUTTLE SERVICES PROVIDED
Lew White Tours provides a “turn-key” shuttle operation which includes:
- Experienced personnel to plan your shuttle routes and schedules.
- Late-model motor coaches and minibuses to operate the shuttle between the hotels and the Convention Center and other convention sites.
- Shuttle supervisor(s) stationed at the Convention Center during the entire shuttle operation.
- Shuttle route identification signs placed in the front windshield and passenger door of the shuttle vehicles.
- Shuttle schedule posters prepared for, and delivered to, each convention hotel.
- A large supply of “pocket size” shuttle schedules prepared for, and delivered to, each convention hotel. These are available for the attendees to pickup as they check in at the hotel.
- Shuttle schedule posted on the convention group’s website which can then be downloaded to a PDA.
- Shuttle sign stands along the street at the convention center to identify the shuttle route, schedule and convention center drop off and pickup location.
- Two-way radio and/or cell phone communication between the shuttle supervisor(s) and the shuttle vehicles.
- A convention shuttle booth at the convention center. This is a central point where delegates can receive information regarding the shuttle operation plus other information about the city.
- Shuttle ridership summary prepared after the convention with suggestions for future year’s shuttle operation.
- Meeting with convention group to review past shuttle operation and discuss changes for future years.
TOUR SERVICES PROVIDED
Lew White Tours provides tours for delegates spouses which include:
- All-inclusive half-day and full-day tours planned and conducted for your delegates and/or spouses
- Tour descriptions posted on the convention group’s website with a link to Lew White Tours to register and pay.
- Tour sign-ups and payments may be made at your location or ours. We accept several major credit cards.
- On-site tour booth to distribute tour tickets and accept last minute tour sign-ups.
- Tours are fully escorted with local, knowledgeable guides.
ONE-WAY and ROUND-TRIP TRANSFERS
- Late-model motor coaches, minibuses and/or vans are used for the transfers.
- The number and type of vehicle is based on several parameters including budget, number of people to be transferred, transfer distance and travel time. For example if the number of people being transferred requires more than one vehicle it might be possible for the vehicle(s) to make a second trip and greatly reduce the transfer cost.
- Either a list of driver cell phone numbers is provided to the client or one of our experienced employees will be on site to supervise the transfers
The Attractions Bus is a different way for convention attendees to visit local tourist attractions. Instead of being a part of a “structured” tour with a specific amount of time at each tourist attraction, the Attractions Bus allows the attendee to spend as much or as little time visiting and exploring each attraction. The Attractions Bus operates much like a city bus: it operates continuously and on a definite schedule. Visiting a tourist attraction using the Attraction Bus would work like this:
- Purchase the Attractions Bus ticket at the tour booth at the Convention Center. The printed information on the ticket includes the Attraction Bus Schedule for that route.
- Board your Attractions Bus at the Convention Center and travel to the tourist attraction(s). If there is more than one attraction on the route, the ticket allows the rider to get on and off the bus at each attraction at no additional charge.
- The rider purchases the admission ticket at the attraction. Show the ticket seller the Attractions Bus ticket and receive a reduced admission ticket price. (Lew White Tours negotiates reduced admission prices in advance at each attraction and these price will be printed on the ticket along with the regular admission price.)
- The rider may stay as long as desired at each attraction knowing that every 20 or 30 minutes an Attractions Bus will be available to take the individual to the next attraction or back to the Convention Center. (Actual schedule listed on ticket.)
- The Attractions Bus ticket is only valid for one day.
Buses operate on specific routes allowing attendees to visit specific attractions on each route.
Indianapolis Attraction Buses:
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Route: Serves the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- White River State Park Route: Serves the Eiteljorg Museum, Indiana State Museum, IMAX Theater, NCAA Hall of Champions, Indianapolis Zoo and White River Gardens
- Children’s Museum and Museum of Art Routes: Serves the Indianapolis Children’s Museum and the Indianapolis Museum of art.
Louisville Attractions Buses:
- Museum Row: Serves the Frazier History Museum, Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory, Louisville Science Center, Kentucky Museum of art and Craft, The Muhammad Ali Center, Glassworks and the Kentucky Show.
- Kentucky Derby Museum Route: Serves the Kentucky Derby Museum and the Speed art Museum
- Southern Indiana: Serves the fall of the Ohio State Park, Schimpff’s Confectionery and the Howard Steamboat museum and Mansion.
AIRPORT MEET, GREET and TRANSFER
- Lew White Tours provides an on-line reservation and payment system for the individual traveler.
- Individuals register on-line indicating their arriving flight information, hotel, and requested departure time from the hotel for the return trip to the airport.
- Payment is made through a secure website at the time of reservation.
- Individuals are met in the airport baggage claim area and escorted to the waiting vehicle–sedan, limo, van, minibus or motor coach.
- Individuals are given their confirmed departure time information
ONE-WAY AIRPORT SHUTTLES ON LAST DAY OF CONVENTION
- Convention group determines the time to start the transfers to the airport.
- Lew White Tours provides an on-line reservation system for delegates where payment can be made through a secure website at the time of reservation.
- Delegates can also reserve and pay for the transfer at the shuttle booth at the Convention Center.
- Shuttle service operates with departures every 20 to 30 minutes during the time period agreed upon with the convention group.
- Lew White Tours provides a luggage storage area at the convention center. Delegates bring their luggage to the convention center, store it at the booth and then retrieve it prior to boarding the shuttle. This service will, hopefully, cause delegates to spend more time on the exhibit floor instead of returning to the hotel to get their luggage and then travel to the airport.
PREVIOUS SHUTTLE LOCATIONS
Lew White Tours has managed convention shuttles in these cities in recent years.
SOME OF OUR RECENT SHUTTLE CLIENTS
Advanstar “Dealer Expo”
National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts